About the Business
Located 10 minutes from the Bunbury City Centre, V & V Walsh Meat Processors and Exporters has been established since 1957 and is one of the most progressive companies in the Southwest. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with one of Australia’s most successful meats processing facilities.
About the Role
V&V Walsh Department is currently expanding and looking for laborers and semi-skilled workers who can be trained and undertake many roles.
This is a great opportunity to secure a stable Monday to Friday position in a friendly environment with potential for permanency to the right person.
On the job training is available with clear pathways for progression.
Skills and experience
- Push cartons along manual roller conveyor to labeller
- Carry product in buckets
- Measure and weigh product to customer requirements
- Pack tripe into product cartons and carry and shift them to weigh area
- Adhere to quality control checks
- Be physically fit and have the ability to pass a medical
- Have previous experience in a similar role or be willing to learn
- Have reliable transport
- Safety focused
- Be reliable, punctual and flexible – early starts required
- Commitment to company safety and quality standards
- Able to work on repetitive tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Good listening skills and present approachable demeanor
- Team player able to communicate with all levels of staff
- Previous experience in a physically demanding role and fast paced environment
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Able to work long shifts (9.50 hours a day)
Pay is in accordance with the Meat Industry Award (casual workers start at level 1 with the opportunity to progress levels)
Come join our team today!
To apply, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org